Sunday 17 January 2010

20 Things I Have Learned From Having A Mobile Phone

  1. It is incredibly useful. Pretty redundant, but incredibly true.
  2. Texting, whilst an efficient way to communicate, irks my sense of word correctness.
  3. I could have my phone taken off me & I would be annoyed, but it wouldn't end my life.
  4. An iPod for music & a phone for texting means I have a nice degree of separation. I like that.
  5. I see no need for a ring tone. I'm too busy listening to music anyway.
  6. I wake better at an alert for a text message than the actual alarm.
  7. It has removed my need for an alarm clock. This shall be rectified next pay day.
  8. Apparently it's the end of the world if I don't answer the phone.
  9. A vibrating alert is easier to ignore than a ringing phone.
  10. NEVER LEAVE YOUR PHONE IN ANOTHER ROOM. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.
  11. A text message can have as much emotional significance as a letter. But never the same.
  12. I get disproportionately irked by when the text says "*some text missing*"
  13. I often want to chuck it over the bridge of the Kingsway.
  14. But don't when I realise people may get terribly upset when I don't text back.
  15. I aim to to text back as soon as I get the message, but I often fail.
  16. Getting a text when I am working is exciting as I have no idea who it is from.
  17. Tone gets all muddled in text messages, which is irritating for someone who relies on tone so much in their jokes.
  18. No matter how good the mobile, the "I'm talking from a mobile" sound is unmistakable.
  19. I will run out credit about 2 weeks before payday.
  20. Mobile phones may mean we can communicate faster & better, but it sure as hell doesn't make talking to one and another any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment